My face is too fine for acid abeg.

Through to the Facebook note I published today (embedded below), I have a new post for you guys today.
A few days back i saw this tweet on my timeline and the responses to it I saw were downright hilarious.

It reminded me of an experience i had in my third year in university. I was in a department populated by mostly guys so somehow I manged to relate better with them than with my fellow female colleagues. It so happened during that period of time, that I fell ill and was on admission in the hospital for a few days and it was less than 2 weeks to the exams. By the time I was out of the clinic, I had missed out on some rushed coursework (story for another time) which I tried reading up on but I couldn't understand.

So I talk to this guy I am pretty cool with and ask him if he could help out. He was willing to. So, he calls me to where he's studying. The famous glass house. I had never been there before prior to that time since I arrived that school. I picked up my note and jotter, pen and a hoodie and I was off.
I got there and the place was buzzing. Like every corner was filled with a group of students or a study group of some kind. It was exam week. It was expected. I located my guy, he was with a bunch of our course mates and I went to sit with them. The quick tutorial started.

Half way into it, his babe came over. I knew her, not personally but we were in the same hostel and she was friends with my friends roommate. We were cool. That's my point with this whole diversion. Or so I thought. She didn't seem happy to see me there. I barely paid her heed either because even though I did have a crush on her boyfriend at the time, I was just there to get a hang of this data structures thingy and get ready for my exams the next day. I just nodded in greeting to her and smiled then faced my jotter to continue perusing through the explanation I had gotten so far while he spoke with her.

Little did I know that this girl had gone full territorial on me. At that moment my eyes were on my book, she was probably staring me to death. I would realize that the next day. It was a Monday. Exam week had begun. I had a morning paper not the course I went for tutorials for though. I left my room quite early, a few minutes after 8am or so. The paper was for 9 O'clock. As I was exiting the hostel, I saw his babe and her friend, they were going out too, they likely had a paper. I smiled and was like 'Hey' as per I knew this babe and we said hi to each other like I said earlier, only for me to be ignored like a pesky little fly.

These were my reactions literally:


It was just the three of us at that time in that reception area and I knew she had seen me but she looked as if she saw through me and I was invisible. The attitude was so strong, I was taken so aback. It was at that point it downed on me that 'Omo Ada, you know say you dey sleep for Tope room sometimes. This girl fit pour you acid for sleep if you no take time o."
Tope is my friend whose roommate is his babe's friend.
So I steered clear of my friends room whenever she was around.
No be me person go come pour acid for face unto man wey no even dey look my side two times abeg.🏃

How about you? Ever experienced something like that? Let us know in the comment section. I'll be watching that space for your comments.😁

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BBNaija - The Kemen Incident and My Take on it.

Remy, 'Another One'? Oh no, you shouldn't have.

#AMVCA2017 - Ama Writes favorites from the red carpet.