'Gay Christians' - A paradox that is almost comical.

Hi guys. It's me again. Last time, this was one of my concluding statements in my last vent which you can read here:
 I find a certain group of members of the LGBT group really 'adorable' - the gay/lesbian Christians.
I also said it was a discussion for another day which is why I am here today. Here's what I mean by that statement.

N.B: If Christianity or religion is not your thing and you don't believe in the Bible, then this is where you turn back and walk away from this discussion. Thank you for complying.

Now, back to what I was about to say.  
I find them 'adorable' in the sense that I think it is really cute of them to claim to be Christians when their whole lifestyle revolves around the reason why a certain city in the Bible was destroyed.

Remember the city of Sodom and Gomorrah? Two angels were sent to visit Lot and his family and warn him of the impending destruction of that city, only for the immoral men of the city to demand that they be brought out so that they could have sex with them. Lot being the most hospitable host couldn't give his visitors - who BTW, he didn't know were angels - to those men and offered his daughters instead which they adamantly refused. That was the last straw and the city later on that day or a day after was lit up in fire, completely burnt to the ground.

So for a person to claim to be Christian and be homosexual is paradoxical in every sense of the word.
By the way, not only is homosexuality frowned against in the Old testament which the story of Lot and his family is found, it is explicitly spoken against in the New testament also. Check out: 1 Corinthians 6:9 and 1 Timothy 1:10.

Also Romans 1: 26 - 32 has a very strongly worded message not just for those practicing it but also for those who also approve of those practicing it (read verse 32).
So not just does the Bible condemn the whole gay people lifestyle, it has something to say about those have become 'tolerant and accepting' of it. 

Which is why I reiterate the statement I made earlier. 
'The 'gay Christians' are the members of the LGBT community who are really 'cute'.
You can not claim to profess a religion and go against one of the fundamental principles on which it is formed.
Or what do you guys think? Let me know in the comment section.

Comments

  1. HEy dear... thanks for this... I actually detest homosexuality and approved of lesbianism and see nothing wrong even if i know it is but just maybe because i like it as a sexual fetish I never really saw what was really wrong.. reading this just schooled me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BBNaija - The Kemen Incident and My Take on it.

Remy, 'Another One'? Oh no, you shouldn't have.

#AMVCA2017 - Ama Writes favorites from the red carpet.