#TheVoiceNigeria Season 2 Finale - Candid Opinion Corner

The Voice Season 2 has finally come to an end. After weeks of training and performances and voting, we finally have a winner. Idyl. Definitely not who I had predicted would win but at least he’s way better than the other option. He’s a great singer. Ebube on the other hand though… I don’t know what to say at this point.

I guess I could start by asking these salient questions. How the hell did Ebube get selected over Yimika? Who did the voting? Did those people have ears or did they vote primarily based on sentiments? Who are his sponsors? He definitely has to have someone sponsoring his voting or something because Yimika is a far more better singer when compared to Ebube. He’s also a better performer and has better charisma and packaging . Did you guys notice how Ebube went off key in his supposed finale performance? Celine Dion could sue him for ruining that beautiful song. The song he sang, had no semblance to the one Celine Dion made.

Also, how did he make it to the top 2 finalists? What went wrong? Why wasn’t Syemca there? Arrggggh 😠😠😠, so many unanswered questions. When Syemca had made it to the top 4, I was relieved. Then they were to announce the 2nd runner up. I had been bragging to my brother that it wouldn’t be Syemca and lo and behold, I was humbled. Shocked even. What had happened?

I am starting to think this whole thing was staged starting from the point when I witnessed that talented 19 year old singer left the show. Some of the best voices never even had a chance and yet Ebube got there? What is wrong with you Nigerians? While we are still on that, did anyone notice Ik kept reminding us that it was based on our votes that these people were selected? Who else noticed how Patoranking seemed so cocky and confident when the winner was to be announced? Who also noticed how he never appeared after the winner was announced? In all honesty, this is officially the worst voice talent show I ever followed. I don't think I would be awaiting the next season

Anyways, it turns out, I am not the only one who felt this way. My parents who followed it religiously as well as my brother also share the same sentiments with me. But enough about me and my family.
Here are some of my favorite reactions to this finale on Twitter:













I swear I thought I was the only one who saw the smug look on his face..😂 😂 😂



My dad noticed this too.

Now this was just mean...😂😂






This just sums up my opinion about the show.
This final tweet, however just sums up the whole events surrounding the show. We definitely need to work on that as a people.

So what did you think? Did the show meet your expectations? Were you disappointed or did your favorite person win? I would love to read your opinions in the comment section.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remy, 'Another One'? Oh no, you shouldn't have.

BBNaija - The Kemen Incident and My Take on it.

#AMVCA2017 - Ama Writes favorites from the red carpet.