#AMVCA2017 - Ama Writes favorites from the red carpet.

The highly anticipated AMVCAs for 2017 has come and ...gone. Personally my favorite part of watching it live was the red carpet event. All those celebrities, their outfits, the glitz, the glam the paparazzi and the buzz that is associated with the red carpet. This year several celebrities showed up even Aunty Oge Okoye, the alleged 'dog thief' came too.

Yeah yeah, I know the awards are about celebrating film making in Africa and what not but there are already enough posts on the internet giving you guys a briefing of the awards so I am not going to do that.  Instead I am going to present to you *drum roll*, a list of five outfits, female of course, that I actually really really really liked and are hence the AMA Writes favorites from the red carpet. Reason why I am not doing a male list cos well male outfits to all these fancy events are usually, what's the word to use? Predictable. Sorry dudes.

Anyways, here are my five favorites from the event:

 Toyin  Abraham (formerly known as Ahimaku):


I have never been a fan of Toyin, still not a fan, don't ever think I will be a fan because she acts really some major silly roles that are very embarrassing in some Yoruba movies.. Very stupid ones but I have to give it to her, this outfit was on point. I love ball dresses, I especially like the lace she used for it, so she gets a 10 from me. Lovely dress.

Maureen Esisi:


Ahh. Our Sister that loves red. As usual she wore red. In case you don't know who she is she's Blossom's wife. Blossom the actor, yes. Beautiful red ball gown with a tiara. Some people think she should have ditched the tiara as it was a little bit way over the top but I think it looks cute on her. She was our red fairy tale princess for the night. Loved it.

Inidima Okojie:


This dress is beautiful. The color was muah, the details, magnificent. It's a pity I don't know the actress though. Or maybe I do but I just don't remember. Anyways, very very lovely dress. Ball gown too. I know.. Like what's my obsession with ball gowns sef πŸ˜•. Well, on to the next one.
Oh I forgot. That purse? Loved it! Lovely accessory.

Meg Otanwa

One of the best black dresses I saw. Another ball like gown. Love the lace details. She's pretty too. Unfortunately I don't know her either but I totally loved her dress.

Linda Ejiofor:

Her outfit was one of the first red carpet outfits I saw and I loooved it 😍. Simple but yet stands out. Can't you see how aunty Bimpe from Tinsel is so cuteπŸ˜„?



I know I said I was just going to list five of them but this last one if so fine I had to add it too. Her name's Laloye Oyatogun (or so they said). I don't even know her but I loved her outfit so much I had to put it here.
She's all covered up and still looks gorgeous. And that material too. Fabulous.

There were other beautiful outfits too that I couldn't fit into this list like Ivie Okujaiye's orange beauty, that of Adesuwa (even though I didn't really like the back of the dress), Chika Ike's dress, Minie Dlamini (beautiful dresses by the way) and so on.

I am thinking of doing a worse dressed list too. Actually, my opinions of the worst dressed. Let me know in the comments if you would like to see that
Adios Amigos!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BBNaija - The Kemen Incident and My Take on it.

Remy, 'Another One'? Oh no, you shouldn't have.