#Headies2016 The Wizkid Snub - Publicity Stunt or Nah?

Hey A.M.A Writes blog readers. We really do have to come up with something catchier like BN readers or something. That aside, I hope your week has been good. Mine has been awesome. I got to catch up on lost sleep these past few days I got home. School has really been a mad house. But that's not what I am here for.
The Headies 2016 held yesterday was not without its usual drama. In the 2015 Headies, it was all about Olamide drunkenly coming on stage to air his grievances that Lil Kesh didn't win the award he was nominated for. This time around we didn't have any producer coming to the stage to air his grievances about his signed act not winning an award. We had something quite different.
A viral video has been going round of Wizkid totally and completely snubbing Eva Alordiah's fiance when he tried to hug him. If you haven't seen the video yet, you can watch it here. Now this doesn't really come as a surprise to me because I have always thought Wizkid was too arrogant for the very little he has achieved in his pitiful life. Yes, you read that right, I said it, all ye wretched minions of his. Oya come and bite me. However, that's besides the point.
With the video going viral and all, various people have come up with various reasons why Wizkid could have done such to the poor guy whose name is Caesar by the way. Some claim it's because the guy has decided to let the ring on Eva's fingers turn into a key holder. They even created memes out of it. Others just view it the way I did at first, a proud, childish and immature act one which is not unexpected of Wizkid.
Then a thought came to me. What if what Wizkid did was just a publicity stunt? What if he did it just to keep himself relevant till 2016 finally comes to an end? I mean we all know he's an attention whore, always in the news for one thing or the other. From the landlord drama, to the baby drama drama to he and aunty Linda's a.k.a Linda Ikeji social media war, Wizkid has been all out to be etched in the minds of Nigerian's who are interested this 2016. So who knows? This might just be another way to get people talking about him a lot more before the year finally runs out.
What do you think? Am I right or not? I would love to read your views.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remy, 'Another One'? Oh no, you shouldn't have.

BBNaija - The Kemen Incident and My Take on it.

The trend of Ladies Proposing to Their Men - Yay! or Nah, too forward.