Adekunle Gold's Ariwo.. Was he Throwing Shade At Someone?

Image Credit: Google Images

Hey there I am back today. How's your weekend going? *laughs*. Yes you read that right. How's your weekend going? After all, the government has added an extra day to our usual two-day weekend. I hope it is going well and you are enjoying yourselves.

Well, I am here to do amebo again today. As we all probably know, Adekunle Gold's Gold Album (did you see the alliteration there? 'Gold's Gold album') has been around for a while now and it has a some good songs on it (at least the ones I have bothered to listen to). However, one particular song, one unique song with a lot of underlying messages interested me. It probably is my favorite song on the album, my current favorite. That Ariwo Ko song. Nice beat, great message. But now the thing or the koko is that the message is too strong, too direct.
This probably is stale gist but since I haven't seen it on social media, it likely means it hasn't been brought up often. 

Am I the only one who thinks he was pointing fingers and throwing shade at a certain musician or group of musicians in that song?

 I am not mentioning any names here o. It is left for you to decide after I give you a break down of the lyrics in the song that lead me to that realization.
The first time I heard the song, I was busy dancing and gyrating to the beat not paying attention to what he was saying. By the time I heard it a second time, I started decoding the message.
At the beginning he said,
Enu o se, Enu o seAriwo Ko ni musicEmpty Barrel lo ma n pariwo
What this first line literally means is "Mouth doesn't do it" two times. It could also be translated to "It is not by making mouth" or "it is not by mouth" or "talking too much doesn't do it". You know, translating it to English was quite harder than I thought. There are some things that can only be understood best if you understand the language. Anyways let me continue with my analysis.
The second line and third lines are basically saying "making noise isn't music" and "empty vessels that make the loudest noise".
 Let's get to the bridge or chorus of the song. Here's what he said here:
No be only you go make am
Je agboran ore oo
Who you help oo
He said that it wasn't only the person who he was referring to would "make it" or become known and that he should allow us to hear word (literally).
I am hoping you are seeing where I am getting to. Next, to the second verse of the song. Now that is the really interesting part.
Your papa get money you dey do anyhowStepping on the poor forget tomorrowOluwa lo fun ee oh iwo naa ko oo
Can y'all now see what I was talking about? This message is too strong to be a generalization. What do you think? Was he throwing  shade at someone? If he was who do you think it was? Although telling me would be at your own discretion haha. Let me see what your thoughts are on this.
Also, people, don't just read without commenting, please use the comment box. Your comments are like drops of water to a plant. Lot's of drops makes a plant grow. Let's make A.M.A Writes plant grow. Thank you.. *kisses*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remy, 'Another One'? Oh no, you shouldn't have.

BBNaija - The Kemen Incident and My Take on it.

The trend of Ladies Proposing to Their Men - Yay! or Nah, too forward.