The 'Friend Zone' - Exclusive to guys only?

Image Credit: Google Images.

Before I introduce this topic properly, I want share this definition of 'friend zone' I found online by Wikipedia. Before I did this post, I decided to check out online if there would be like a specific definition for the 'friend zone' situation. Out of curiosity, I had told myself "Ada just check type the words 'friend zone' on the google search page to see if you would find a definition for it" and voila! there it was. I never expected to see a definition of it especially not on Wikipedia so when I saw it, I was quite amused.
Anyways here it goes, the 'friend zone' as defined by Wikipedia:
The friend zone is a situation in which one of two friends wishes to enter into a romantic or sexual relationship, while the other does not. It is generally considered to be an undesirable or dreaded situation by the lovelorn person.
There you have it. I don't have to define that anymore. Wheew! You want to know what amused me in this definition, the part with the "...dreaded situation" statement. Dreaded.. Like the friend zone is one terrible disease like AIDS or something.
Anyways, back to the main topic on ground. Usually it's the guys that complain about the friend zone. I was on Facebook and I saw this picture that had the caption
"My girlfriend told me not to be worried about her best-friend. Today, they are married." 
The comments under the post were hilarious. but one caught my attention in particular. The guy said "Y'all should be happy for him. Our brother escaped the friend zone." This goes to show that usually it's the guys that get friend zoned but could it also happen to girls?
There are probably a lot of girls out there wanting to ask this question but can't ask for whatever reason they have so I am coming out on behalf of them to ask. Can a girl be friend zoned by a guy?
All the guys in the house, we need your response on this. Is it possible for you to friend zone a girl? What would be your reason if you choose to? Finally, can the lady escape the friend zone like that our brother I spoke about earlier?
Let us know through your comments. That comment box isn't there for fancy you know so use it. Thank you. *Toodles!*

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes. A lady could also be friend zoned by a guy, For me it could be that I'm not attracted to the girl in the manner of being more than friends, or I probably don't have any thoughts of going into a serious relationship. However, I would Welcome it if a lady who has such thoughts or feelings of unrequited love from me; makes it Known. for me, that would be the best way to Leave the friendzone; as this Would make me Know what she really wants from our relationship. Hence I could give objections as to going into a deeper relationship, but if i feel its worth it; I could just Lead her out of my friendzone into where she had in mind ( which is what must have happened between the friends who became spouses), but a lady has to be very careful when making her intentions Known so she isn't exploited for sex(except if that's what she also wants from the relationship).yes. A lady could also be friend zoned by a guy, For me it could be that I'm not attracted to the girl in the manner of being more than friends, or I probably don't have any thoughts of going into a serious relationship. However, I would Welcome it if a lady who has such thoughts or feelings of unrequited love from me; makes it Known. for me, that would be the best way to Leave the friendzone; as this Would make me Know what she really wants from our relationship. Hence I could give objections as to going into a deeper relationship, but if i feel its worth it; I could just Lead her out of my friendzone into where she had in mind ( which is what must have happened between the friends who became spouses), but a lady has to be very careful when making her intentions Known so she isn't exploited for sex(except if that's what she also wants from the relationship).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remy, 'Another One'? Oh no, you shouldn't have.

BBNaija - The Kemen Incident and My Take on it.

The trend of Ladies Proposing to Their Men - Yay! or Nah, too forward.