The Brangelina Split

Image result for picture of angelina jolie and brad pitt

Hey everyone. How are you all doing? Hope you had a really nice day. I know I did. Work wasn't stressful. In fact all I did was surf the net all day. P.s. don't tell my boss I told you that. I guess that's the perk of being an IT student at where I work (gist for another day). Anyways, I wanted to launch this blog by doing small amebo on the story that has been shaking the celeb gossip tabloid world- the split of the couple whose romance was the world’s most tabloid headline-generating romance- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie a.k.a.  Brangelina.

 Well Angelina Jolie Pitt was said to have filed for divorce from Brad Pitt citing irreconcilable differences as a reason for the divorce. Yes, you read it right? I did too. I can't believe that they are actually going to end a twelve year relationship, after 12 whole years of being together. That's ten whole years of dating and two years of being a married couple. You know if a child was given birth to as at the time these two started dating, that child would be in Junior Secondary School by now. Probably growing breast if the child is a female or developing a deep baritone voice if it was a male. A twelve year old child is not just learning how to walk or talk but can communicate and understand what is being said. This is just to give you an idea of how long they have been together. Then all of a sudden Irreconcilable differences is cited as a reason for the divorce.

How is it possible that two mature adults that had dated for 10 years and they never saw those irreconcilable differences? Is it now after two years of marriage that you now realize that "Oh I can't stand the way he snores" or "Oh he likes Oreos on his ice-cream and I like hazel nuts" or "We are not well suited for each other"? 

I am not married although I do hope I get married someday (I am still young so there's no rush yet) *smiles*. However, I have seen several married couples including my parents being the prime example for me to follow and they have shown me that no marriage is a bed of roses. I have also learnt from them that the marriage bond was sacred and should be treated as such therefore except one of the parties is guilty of having an affair, there's absolutely no reason to break that bond.

However, like my dad would say, there's always more than one side to a story. We are only seeing the side of the story that they want us to see - the side that the tabloids are presenting. For all that we know, it might be a publicity stunt, a way to remain relevant on the tabloids and in the minds of their fans. Whatever the case might be, I hope they do know what they are doing after all what do I know?


I'd like to know what you think though. Feel free to use the comment box and the reaction boxes - they are not there for fancy people - use 'em. By the way, welcome to A.M.A Writes blog. I look forward to seeing you hear often and reading your comments. Have a lovely night rest/day ahead as as applicable. Toodles!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remy, 'Another One'? Oh no, you shouldn't have.

BBNaija - The Kemen Incident and My Take on it.

The trend of Ladies Proposing to Their Men - Yay! or Nah, too forward.