Craze on the Streets of Lagos

Hi guys. Welcome back to my blog. It has certainly been ages since I was here and I am certainly sorry for that. Today however, I would be sharing the story of an incident that occurred to me some weeks back. It was shared on my private Twitter account but no one seeemed to appreciate it there so I am bringing it to you guys instead.

So here's what happened. I and my dad were heading back home one day on that road that leads to Oko oba from Ile zik just before Ikeja. If you stay around, you'd know that that place is a hub for traffic jam, slow moving vehicles and hawkers. So we were on this medium pace moving traffic flow, the driver keeping to his lane, a lane before the last lane on the right side, when suddenly out of nowhere comes this seemingly crazy danfo driver almost scratching the side mirror.

The driver was fast enough to have avoided collision in that side of the car after which he gestured towards the danfo driver hands pointed to his head turning back and forth indicating that the danfo driver's head was not correct while mouthing similar expressions. The the unexpected happens. The danfo driver, parks the bus fullof passengers at the edge of the road. I was like



Then his conductor comes out and starts cursing at the driver, yelling all sorts of profanities. 'Ki lo nse yin? Abi ori yin o buru ni? Se o ri e pe ni? Oloriburuku! Ori e o pe!' The driver on the other hand was yelling too matching the conductor insult for insult.

My dad couldn't have it anymore so he wound down his window and asked the conductor what his problem was in a slightly harsh tone, voice slightly raised. 'Come what is wrong with you? What is your problem?' Something along the lines of that.
The next thing was shhhss on my skin. I was lost. Was this sand?

How did sand come to be on my body? What was going on here? While I was still lost in my wonder, the conductor had bent down to pack more sand while yelling 'I go pour you sand o. Abi nkan se yin?' repeatedly

It was then it clicked. 'O boy this craze man legit pack sand come pour us for moto o'.

He had poured it from the my dad's side of the car yet I felt it on my skin. Before he could pour the second batch, my dad had swiftly wound up. Even at that, the semi mad man had poured the sand. It hit the shut windows and fell to the side of the car.
Fortunately, the road cleared up and we moved ahead leaving the bus, the mad driver and the craze inclined conductor behind who by the way was still yelling 'I go pour you sand o' like a mad man on a rampage.

Are you new around here? Did you like this? If so leave comments behind. Tell me your latest crazy experience on the roads of Lagos. It could make it to a compilation of such experiences. Don't forget to subscribe to my blog not to miss out on any thing this year. Something special is coming up this year so anticipate and subscribe so you don't miss it. Toodles!!😗

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remy, 'Another One'? Oh no, you shouldn't have.

BBNaija - The Kemen Incident and My Take on it.

#AMVCA2017 - Ama Writes favorites from the red carpet.